*Study Abroad Peer Advisors
Study Abroad Peer Advisor ProgramAs a volunteer Study Abroad Peer Advisor, you will meet with CMU students on a walk-in basis to provide general program and geographical information. For many students, this first step can be overwhelming, so peer advisors are able to provide general information about the programs at CMU, while encouraging their peers to study abroad. You also have a captive audience to share your own experiences!
- Participating in the Peer Advisor Training meeting in January (time and location to be announced)
- Regularly scheduled walk-in hours in the Office of Study Abroad.
- Writing an "Experience From Abroad" for the study abroad website
- Participate in pre-departure meetings, as assigned
- Prepare pre-departure materials, as assigned
Commitment requirement: Students will volunteer for 4-6 hours per week and are expected to fulfill a one-year commitment (Fall -Spring or Spring-Fall).
1. Select "Create Profile" above
2. Select "Spring 2016" and input your study abroad host city, the current date for arrival and departure dates and submit
3. Complete the Peer Advisor Application
Applications are due online Friday December 11. Students who have been selected for interviews will be contacted to set up an interview time.
|Dates / Deadlines: (Program dates are tentative. Official program dates are provided by the host institution or the faculty leaders upon acceptance).|