This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
*Study Abroad Ambassadors
Study Abroad Ambassador Program
As a volunteer Study Abroad Ambassador for the Spring 2014 semester, you will work with the Study Abroad Staff to promote study abroad on CMU's campus as well as in a few locations around Michigan for CMU's Pre-Orientation sessions.
• Participating in the Ambassador Training meeting on Friday, January 10 from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM in Ronan 344.
• Presentations for classes, student organizations, and residence halls
• Facilitating conversations on Facebook.
• Assist in organizing study abroad events.
• Generate new study abroad marketing ideas.
• Attend regularly scheduled Ambassador meetings every other Friday.
• Attend Pre-Orientation Receptions in Flint, Troy, Mt. Pleasant, Grand Rapids, Lansing, and Livonia. Pre-Orientation receptions are held in these locations as an opportunity for incoming freshman to learn more about what CMU has to offer. The Office of Study Abroad sends two Ambassadors to each of the 6 receptions.
Commitment requirement: Students will volunteer for a minimum of 20 hours per semester and are expected to commit for a minimum of one semester.
1. Select "Create Profile" above
2. Select "Spring 2014" and input your study abroad host city and submit (please do not input any dates)
3. Complete the Ambassador Application
Applications are due Wednesday, December 4 and will be reviewed that week. Students who have been selected for interviews will be contacted to set up an interview time.
|Dates / Deadlines: (Program dates are tentative. Official program dates are provided by the host institution or the faculty leaders upon acceptance).|
There are currently no active application cycles for this program.